a new blog!
courtesy of my internet friend miss miranda crane
saucy sweet chilli and soy sauce tofu
- 250g block of extra firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes/rectangles and slashed (cuts made so that the marinade can penetrate the tofu)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used a mixture of dark and light soy sauce, but plain dark works fine too)
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Fresh lime, to serve (opt.)
- Pour the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a large ziploc bag and combine well.
- Place the tofu in the bag and coat pieces well in the sauce.
- Marinate for about 1 or 2 hours. Try to flip the bag halfway so the other side of the tofu can lie in the sauce too.
- Reserve the sauce and take out the tofu pieces. Bake them at 400F/200C in a baking pan lined with foil (lightly oiled with sesame oil if you wish) for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the tofu is baking, pour the sauce into a small saucepan and heat gently until reduced and thick.
- Serve tofu with the thick sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
I find that ‘slashing’ the tofu like this always helps to get the flavor of the marinade right into the center of it:
Everything in the ziploc baggie, makes clean up so easy!
I would highly recommend serving it with that squish of lime, it counteracts nicely with the thick, salty and sweet sauce.
Delish, served on one of my favorite plates
AHHHHHH LOOKS SO EASY!!!