prepping for Toddler Art Day II... STAMPS!

RANT PART I

bought a pack of foam ABCs and numbers a few months back for tomorrow's project.  the hubtaro graciously offered his handimanship and busted out 36 mini squares for me last night (sooo last minute, i know...) so that i could glue the letters/numbers onto them.




as you can see here, the numbers look great.
the pack of foam numbers had 2 sets so i was able to use the second set
to stamp the identifying number onto the backside of the stamp.

the letters on the other hand were a mistake... or a consequence of mom brain?
1. i started with A, B, and C when gluing the letters to the wood and it was only
when i finished C that i realized
SHIT I NEED TO PUT THESE LETTERS ON BACKWARDS
TO THAT THEY STAMP FORWARDS!!!!
thankfully A is a symmetrical letter
B could be turned upside down (although the big bump is on the top...)
C could also be turned upside down (although the slightly bigger bottom is on the top as well)

2. my next idea was "hmmm... maybe i should stamp the letters onto the backside
to identify which stamp is which... but what would i stamp with?  paint? too much effort.. nvmd..."


BAD IDEA STEPHANIE!
1. the numbers look dope because AFTER i glued everything down i remembered the obvious:
I HAVE A BLACK STAMP PAD!
so i used the extra set as mentioned to stamp the number stamps

2. as you can see... with only 1 set of letters i was unable to stamp the backs which left me
with no choice but to hand draw and colour-in all 26 effing letters!  all i can say is
THANK GOD THE KIDS SLEPT AND ALLOWED ME TO DO THEM ALL!
(moses woke up as i was doing the last 10 or so and was a pain in the ass)

OH well... i guess they don't look that bad, but compared to the numbers i just feel like
hitting myself...  i need to stop RUSHING and making rash decisions and start thinking
things through instead BECAUSE

3. as i was hand drawing each bloody letter (neck aching and forehead sweating in fear that
a child would suddenly awake prematurely) i also regretted my lack of thinking things through
and "it'll be fine" attitude because each piece of wood had a dark rough side and a smooth light side,
and since i didn't designate a specific side to be the gluing-the-letter-on side, i had a mix of
light and darks i had to draw on.  THE DARK ROUGH SIDE WAS A BITCH TO DRAW ON!


but this last shot looks pretty, non?



RANT PART II


i went to WALMART yesterday to pick up these shirts for tomorrow as the kids will be
decorating their own "art shirt" to wear for the dual purpose of
1. having a "messable" shirt
2. stamping their name so we could nix nametage every week

i went to the toddy section and only found 2pk/$6 of these shirts and there were only 4 left!
i went to the boys section and across the entire aisle of socks and underwear there was a
vast section of where these shirts would be with but ONE SINGLE pack left!
i found an employee who scanned it and told me 'THEY ARE DISCONTINUED!'
ARGH
so in the end i had 4 pack of the 2pks, 1 pack of the 3pk i wanted and had no choice
but to get 2 packs of 2pk girls shirts (the same but with lace and a bow on the neckline)
this put us 10-12 bucks over our budget, so hopefully we will be able to get a deal
on the remainder of supplies

MY LIFE IS SO NOT INTERESTING! BLAH!

Comments

Popular Posts