Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed Muffins

i hate baking.  i hate it.  i attempted to make pancakes twice in the past month or two and it was horrible.  AND YES pancakes fall under the baking category for me.  anything that has flour and eggs and milk and measuring cups and EXACT amounts is baking and is hell for me.  

still...  i subscribe to Joy the Baker (and you should too...) because on top of having a wide variety of recipes (everything from healthy and not so healthy to gluten-free and vegan options!) she has GORGEOUS photos and she talks to you like you are her bff. and i don't say that because i am lonely and in need of a bff, but her recipes are always accompanied by fun chit chat as she walks you through the Nom du Jour.  she is currently weaving Baking 101 throughout her posts which is basically Baking for Dummies.  the first post teaches newbs HOW to read a recipe, so you know that it's catered to amateurs if there are anymore of you out there that are looking into trying your hand at baked goods.  

ANYWAY, i was caught offguard by her post On Brown Butter.  it wasn't the "brown butter" that caught me, but the recipes & photos of the recipes that fell under it that had me salivating all over this keyboard:
i wasn't crazy for the cookies or the doughnuts but those banana breads had me swooning
this cornbread hit me like a tonne of bricks.  i was out cold.  

unable to decide which banana bread to make (the cornbread would be for another day), i stumbled upon her Browned Butter Fresh Blueberry Muffins which then led me to (Browned Butter) Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins.

and that's what we made tonight with the kids.  I MADE THEM!  kevin did not make them!  moses helped me with the prep while chloe went with kevin to grab a few lemons for the zest.  after my glorious day to myself on thursday, my mom also took the kids on friday and i didn't pick them up until 6pm on saturday!  i really wanted to spend time with them, to do something special together.  they love baking with my mother-in-law so i figured this would be perfect!
 they were stoked
 they were very nice taking turns filling the cupcake wrappers
 so thoughtful to clean the spatula off after each wrapper was full
 well except for chloe who did more of the "one for the muffin, one for me" deal
 once they were all filled, they helped to sprinkle the crumble
 into the oven for 18-20 minutes...
they came out beautifully!!!!!

saving the coloured photos for when we have them for brekkie tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts